Wednesday, October 19, 2011

33 Week Pregnancy Survey


Since we haven't done one of these yet for the second Little Man, I thought I should give it a whirl!  I seriously sometimes forget I'm even pregnant because I'm always running around with Nathan.  This will be nice to reflect on how things have gone with pregnancy #2.


How far along?
Just shy of 33 weeks!

Total Weight Gain?
21 lbs.  I think I'm ok with this!  I don't have GD this go around and with the Holidays coming up I hope I can keep things in check until the end! 

Maternity Clothes?
Oh YES!  I popped out much faster this time around so I have been wearing them for awhile.  I just bought a bunch of cute stuff for the Fall too.  Too bad it's been in the 80s-90s the majority of October.  I am so over it!

Stretch Marks?
None so far thankfully.  Keep oiling up the belly as often as I can, hoping they stay away like last time!

Sleep?
Oh sleep...we have had a love/hate relationship this pregnancy.  I think I have too much on my mind this go around that between that and being a bit uncomfortable, I really have had some major insomnia.  Some nights I only get about 3 hours of sleep.  It's awful!  I literally lay there wide awake playing on my phone until 4:30am and then finally go to bed.  I wish I was kidding.  I do get in my little 30 minute nap during the day to try to make up for some of it.  Hey...at least I'll be prepared for sleepless nights with a newborn!

Best Moment this week?
Finishing up big brother Nathan's room so we can get the nursery all together!  It felt good to have the majority of it done, but it felt even better that Nathan is in love with it and will go running right to bed when we ask him to!  He's so proud of his new room :)

Food Cravings?
Nothing out of the ordinary.  I didn't have cravings as much as I did with Nathan.  No real food aversions either.

Sex?
BOY!!!  And it's definitely been confirmed in several ultrasounds!

Labor Signs?
Nope...and please don't start up anytime soon!  This mommy still has a lot left to do before your arrival!

Belly Button?
 Part is out, part is in. Wondering if it will ever officially POP! (This was my answer last time at 35 weeks and it holds true for this time at 33 weeks!)

What I miss the most?
I'm going to be honest and say WINE!  Did I say before that I have had no real cravings?  Well come to think of it a big glass of red wine has sounded so good this pregnancy.  We are definitely going to have to celebrate with some once our buddy gets here!


What am I looking forward to the most?
I can't wait for the whole delivery experience again.  The excitement and anticipation.  The bonding time in the hospital.  Getting to see his little face and wondering if he is going to look like Nathan.  And of course bringing his big brother to the hospital for their first introduction.  He has been so excited for his "baby brother" and keeps seeing all his friends with their new siblings, so I hope he takes to the new role of "big brother" smoothly. 

Milestones?
We have hit the every 2 week mark for appointments (instead of going every 4 weeks).  Which means the end is near!  I actually have a growth ultrasound scheduled in a little less than 2 weeks to check on his development.  My Dr. reviewed my chart and noticed my HCG levels were high from my quad screen months ago, and sometimes this can lead to a small baby.  She didn't seem too worried, and by the size of my belly I'm not too concerned either.  I will make sure to update once we have the ultrasound.  Wish us luck!


And of course.....a 33 week belly picture!!!


5 comments:

Tiffancy said...

You look incredible!!!

Lucy Rogate said...

Yay...great to see you back. I missed the blog. Don't feel guilty. Always happens after the firstborn. Looking forward to meeting grandson #2 in Dec. xo Mima

Liz said...

LOVE IT! and i love your nail polish! you look great!

Alena said...

Oh Lauren!!!!!!! I am so excited for you!! Congrats!! {obviously I'm WAY late!!}

The818 said...

You look beyond beautiful lady. Can't believe how fast it's gone!