Monday, February 16, 2009

Say Bye Bye to First Tri!

12 weeks, 13 weeks, 13 weeks 3 days?? Heard all three for when you are "officially" in your second trimester. I'm going to stick with 13 weeks since it's what our doctor said and it's in the middle of the other two! This Thursday will be just that day, and things are moving along great!!

Today we had out sequential screening testing. It's an early ultrasound test they can do to check the spacing on the back of the baby's neck to see if there is a chance for Downs Syndrome. So far, we passed!! They did still have to do blood work, but she said everything looked great!! She also went ultrasound crazy and was showing us every little angle, taking measurements, and registered the heartbeat at 162 BPM. THEN proceeded to print us 10 pictures to take home!! She was great! We go back in 4 weeks for another ultrasound, where she said we will probably be able to see the sex of the baby!!! Start placing your bets now....remember those good odds you have of winning...50/50!!

Here are all the pictures for you to see. The baby was moving around all over the place. Arms were waving, feet were wiggling, head was nodding, and he/she would roll over!!! We were totally amazed. I think if you click on the pictures it will make them larger so you can investigate and try to make out what is what....arms, legs, head, spine, belly, umbilical chord...it's all there!

It was a great morning following a very fun weekend! Hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day and thanks so much for all the Birthday wishes!!!


3 comments:

LucyR said...

The top left one is my favorite. Really looks a lot like poppa G in that one hahaha... I love this blog. Spoke to cousin Vicki, and she feels a girl coming.

Anonymous said...

Holy moley. This is exciting considering I learned of my own pregnancy soon after your lovely bachelorette party...(please no instering of martini olives here)

L&H I am SO betting on a baby girl, but I have been known to be wrong.

So honored and humbled to be a reader of your divine baby blog. L, I think there will be a RED Hauser gourd on it's way!!!!!!!!

Amy C. said...

I checked your blog for a new post after writing my own and ended up listening to a few of your song while I fed the little guy. Great selection ;)
PS- I love the progression of the belly pics down the side. Keep 'em coming!! You're going to be sooo cute this summer!!