Although things went quickly, here is how the night unfolded:
Friday evening at 6:15 pm we have water breakage!!! I was 38 weeks along. Bags were already packed and waiting by the front door, got to the hospital and was admitted by 7:30pm.
We were given our room, got settled in, received an IV, and I was put on a contraction and heart monitor.
10 cm!!! Time to push!!! The baby was very low, and she smiled...."he is going to come so quickly, you were made to give birth!!!" Words that woke us right up, and got us so excited (and nervous).
We were totally shocked. Room quickly gets set up...do a couple practice pushes with her on one leg, Greg helping on the other and there is his head already!!! She calls in the Dr., and seriously 3 counts of 10 later and out he comes!!!! 4:00 am on the dot our little Nathan came into this world!!!
When Nathan came out I instantly cried like a baby (and so did he). Daddy cut the cord and they took him to the warming table before I got to see him, and Greg was able to help out and take pictures. Greg was just so proud, and was right in there video camera in one hand, digital camera in the other.
The second they put him on my chest I cried and starred at him, and felt like I already knew this little stranger. He was so alert, so small, and SO cute. I couldn't believe this was the little guy that was tucked away all cozy in my belly for the last 9 months...we were just so happy to finally have him here.
We spent Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning at the hospital. Nathan stayed in the room with us the whole time, and although all the nurses were extremely helpful, we really got to bond as a family and try to slowly wrap our heads around this whole parenthood thing. Greg has been absolutely amazing, and wouldn't even let me touch a dirty diaper for the 3 days we were there (will he keep this up??). He just loves singing to Nathan and doing everything he possibly can to make sure we are both well taken care of.
Thank you to all our family and friends for the phone calls, messages, e-mails, visits, etc. We are so lucky to have you all in our lives, and know Nathan will grow up feeling so loved because of the support we have from all of you.


No comments:
Post a Comment