Thursday, July 15, 2010

11 Month Survey


Weight
-We still won't know this until his 1 year appointment. However I did take him to the Dr a week ago because he wasn't eating and was sick again and he hadn't gained very much weight since his 9 month appt :(. They chalked this up to him not eating or being able to keep anything down for a week. Thankfully he is right back to his old self and is being a little piggy making up for lost time! I would guess he is 21 lbs.

Height - Not sure, but this whole week I keep looking at him thinking he is on his tip toes, and he's not. So I think he sprouted again! :)

Sleeping habit - This month has been the best and most consistent sleep to date. We had ONE bad night but we aren't sure what happened, teething perhaps? The rest of the month he sleeps all night and wakes up between 6:30-7:00am. Takes a nice long nap at 9am (about 2 hours on avg) and then takes another nap between 2:00-3:00. Bedtime is between 8:00-8:30pm. Our only struggle is getting him down for bedtime still. He needs to cuddle for about 30 minutes before he is ready to be put down, but that is plenty fine with us!

Eating habits -Well besides his week of a stomach bug, Nathan will eat ANYTHING. I love trying all sorts of new foods with him. He is basically eating whatever we are having. Omelets, pancakes, bagels, fruit, yogurt for breakfast. Pasta, sandwiches, veggies for lunch. Dinner he has what we have. His favorite are these little whole wheat pizzas I make him, and raviolis and perogies! His loves his fresh fruits and veggies, but of course goes crazy over "cookies" (nilla wafers) and crackers. He needs to learn to breathe between bites, I think he gets this from us! He is nursing 4 times a day, and drinks water with his meals from his sippy cup or a straw. I am going to finally start weaning him after his 1 year appointment since I really don't know how to. :) I just want to skip formula all together and get the green light on cows milk and start then.

Favorite activity - Standing and pushing everything across the floor. His baby gate, our dining chairs, his music table. If he could push me, he would. Oh, and crawling at warp speeds towards the dog's water bowl. He also loooves going to the waterpark and could spend all day in the water.

Milestones - Just like last month he is just getting better at what he has already been doing. He barely holds on to things now when he walks. Does everything one handed, and likes to put his arms up and just lean on things. He has also been standing on his own, but quickly realizes when he is doing and sits back down. Walking by his first birthday??? Not sure. He has learned to shake his head "no, no, no", and he loooves to play "how big is the baby?" sooooo big!! He throws his arms up and thinks he is hilarious. I've also noticed he sings...in tune, I swear. Greg will play the guitar and sing long notes and he mimics the sounds to the same pitch. It's really cool...a future musician perhaps? He really isn't saying any noticble new words, but he "talks" all day long.

Firsts- His first 4th of July and his first fireworks show!! You would have thought they would have woken him right up from his long day of bbqing and playing in the sun, but instead he just rested his head on my shoulder and peacefully watched the whole show.

He is such a sweet boy, and is really developing into such a character. Laughing all day long, harassing our dog, getting into everything he shouldn't, exploring new things but still finds the time to come lay his head on my lap and cuddle with his mom. A total boy through and through!

No comments: