Sunday, August 29, 2010

A Very Belated...

ONE YEAR SURVEY

Well now that Nathan is actually almost closer to being 13 months than he is 12 months, I figured it was about time that I do his 1 year update!

Weight -21 lbs 2 oz. 27th percentile. For as much as he eats, I'm surprised how lean he is now! Obviously he does not have the same metabolism as his MaMa....how can I get me some of that? :)

Height - 30" 60th percentile. Oh and Dr. Ball said he has big brains since his head is measuring in at a whopping 19" 93rd percentile! haha.

Sleeping habit - He.is.an.awesome.sleeper!! We had a few little bumps in the road when we had Mima, Nana and Great Aunt Lily in town. I think he was just too excited there were so many people here and got restless. On a typical day he wakes up between 7:00-7:30. Naps around 9:00 for 2-3 hours, and then naps again at 3:00 for another 2.5 hours. He goes to bed between 8:30-9:00 and sleeps through. As of this week he finally started going down for bedtime on his own again instead of us having to hold him for awhile. It's nice to have our evening hours back, but we will miss his cuddles!

Eating habits -I stopped nursing this past week! :( I can't believe we are all done, and at the same time I can't believe I made it this far. It was definitely harder on me than it was him to stop. He went straight to whole milk from his sippy cup and hasn't looked back since! Didn't have to drop any bottles because he never liked them to begin with! (This was the ONLY time I have been thankful for him rejecting bottles). He eats what we eat now and has some days he gobbles up everything and licks his tray clean, and other days he would rather swipe everything off his tray and onto the floor, dog, and walls! His favorite food is my turkey meatloaf and my stuffed bell peppers!

Favorite activity - He LOVES riding around in his car in the pictures below. We never take the stroller for walks anymore, it's all about his car. He also loves his new bathtub basketball set he got for his birthday! See evidence below.



Milestones - Im just going to read from his first year list of milestones from the list the doctor's office gives us and say if he does them or not, easier than trying to remember them myself. In order of easiest to hardest.
-Drinks from a cup- CHECK
-Stands holding on- CHECK
-Pulls to stand- CHECK
-Cruises along furniture- CHECK
-Takes a few steps alone- CHECK
- Waves bye-bye- CHECK
- Can put one object inside another- CHECK
- Imitates activity of others- CHECK-especially raspberry blowing, dog barking and shaking head no no no.
- Says 1-3 meaningful words- SORTA- meaningful to him I'm sure haha. "DaDa" for sure, and "Doggie" is right there. I also hear "Yes" and "Yeah" a lot, but not really in context.
-Points- CHECK...at everything!!! Especially animals
-Plays social games- CHECK- peek-a-boo is his favorite
- Cooperates with dressing and feeding- CHECK When I say "up" his arms go up for his shirt
-Stoops and recovers- CHECK mostly holding with 1 hand onto something, not so much on his own
- Plays ball with parent- CHECK- needs to work on his aim though haha.
- Walls well...BOOOO Not yet...only time will tell.

Firsts- FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY!!! First time eating (devouring) cake. First time drinking cow's milk. First time sitting in his carseat facing forward. First time riding his new car, 4wheeler and rocking horse. First time eating sushi (not the raw stuff of course). First time playing (eating) in the sand at the beach.

It's been an incredible first year Little Guy....we couldn't be any prouder. WE LOVE YOU!

No comments: