Thursday, November 3, 2011

Growth Ultrasound Update


Yesterday I had to go in for my 34 week appointment as well as a growth ultrasound. My doctor had told me at my last appointment that my HCG levels were high from my quad screening tests. This can often lead to having smaller babies so they wanted to see if this was the case.

Well...it was the complete opposite. They actually have me measuring 3-4 weeks ahead, 90th percentile, and are estimating him at over 7lbs already! You know what? I really don't believe it. I was told at 36 weeks that Nathan was well over 8lbs from the same type of ultrasound. My little pipsqueak was born two weeks later at a whopping 6lbs 14oz.

The frustrating part is they now want to monitor his growth because of his large size. I have to start going for bi-weekly non-stress testing and fluid level checks. Obviously I will do what I need to do, I'm just confused how I went from one extreme to the next.

Aside from all of this everything looked great! He had a ton of hair and I could see all his little chub rolls along his back! He was extremely active, head down, and looked happy as a clam in my belly. The ultrasound technician even turned on the 3D option on the machine and gave us the adorable shot below.

My next appointment is on the 12th for my 36 week check up and the testing I have to start. She will be checking my progression for the first time too so I'm looking forward to hearing the results of that. I can't believe we are already to this point! Here we goooo...again!


1 comment:

Liz said...

Yesssssssss, so close!