Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Way early...but typical of me

Sooo...how can you design a nursery A-when you don't have a second bedroom and B-you don't know what sex your baby is going to be?? Well, this has been a question I have been asking myself from the beginning so it only makes sense that I would start coming up with ideas now. Doesn't help that room design and problem solving is what I do for a living, so it's been constantly on my mind.

We would love to just be able to pack up and move, but right now, with the way the market is, we are ok with sucking it up for the next year!! Then we can make some bigger decisions about what to do with this 1100 sq ft place we bought almost 5 years ago. Ughhh...on to the brighter side of things.....we do have a large bedroom, and lots of space left over for baby to join us!

Here is our idea in terms of how to layout some furniture.


Seems like we have some room for a crib, changing table with storage, and the some more bookshelf type storage also. Since it is right in our room, we aren't going to make things very boy/girl-like (I don't think we would do that anyways). Would look a bit strange if our fairly neutral bedroom had a bright pink/blue wall somewhere in it! Here is an idea for some decor:

Ok, ok so this is a bit girly....but it was easier for me to put it together. If we have a boy, the black and white will still work but picture the toile fabric to be replaced with like b & w alphabet bedding (great idea Courtney!!) Miss Court also told me that babies are drawn to anything black and white because their eyesight isn't fully developed yet and the contrast makes them happy. See the useless design information we are filled with?!?! Comes in handy at times like these.

Well, I could go on and on about this subject but I won't since this isn't nearly as interesting to everyone else as it is to me...haha. Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your space planning!!! You should do this for a living! LOL! Can't wait to help you put this all together:)

LucyR said...

Make sure there's still room for your Aerobed for G Ma and G pa hahahahahahahhahaha!!!! Great design! As Eric would say, "$ well spent!"