I thought I would take some time and let you know a little more about the kind of dad you have...
While I was pregnant you had the kind of dad who...
-Would sing to you in my stomach and strum his guitar hoping you were listening.
-Would bring home dinner for me all the time, even if it sounded disgusting (he would eat it too).
-Would ask questions at all the Doctor's appointments because he wanted to know everything about his growing baby.
-Picked your name.
-Organized your whole closet, built all your furniture, went baby shopping, and never once complained.
-Actually enjoyed taking maternity pictures with us.
-Called me every hour asking "if I was in labor yet?" during the final weeks. Even offered to stay home from work "just in case".
-Came to all your baby classes, and was the only dad who participated and made class fun!
-Loved you before he even met you....

While I was at the hospital you had the kind of dad who...
-Held your mommy's hand when I needed it, filled up my ice cup every hour, and ran home to get chick flick DVDs for our room.
-Stood next to your heart monitor and kept me updated when I worried, and watched every single contraction and felt as much relief as I did when it would start to go down.
-Had a video camera in one hand, a digital camera in the other, and one more digital camera around his neck and captured every moment.
-Cut your cord, helped give you a bath, and counted all your fingers and toes!
-Wouldn't let me touch a single dirty diaper.
-Proudly called, texted, and e-mailed everyone he knew!
When we got home you had the kind of dad who...
-Made Mommy breakfast, lunch, and dinner in bed so I could spend my time with you.
-Continued to never let me touch a dirty diaper, even into the wee hours of the morning
-Sang and danced around our room with you always knowing how to calm you down.
-Cleaned the house, cooked, walked the dog, went grocery shopping AND worked full days at a new job.
-Woke up when only I could feed you, but stayed up with us to make sure we were doing ok.
-Loved having you fall asleep on his chest
Now that you're growing up, you have the kind of dad who...
-Runs in from work and immediately takes over so he can spend time with you.
-Cracks up early in the morning while changing your diaper because you won't stop smiling at him. Even when I tell him not to interact with you too much in hopes you'll fall back asleep he can't help himself.
-Wears you in a baby carrier and bops you around the grocery store while Mommy quickly shops.
-Patiently rocks you to sleep, helps feed you bottles, and helps me give you a bath every night! It's our favorite time with you.
-Brings home surprise mini cakes for your monthly birthdays!
-Still changes all your diapers when he is home.
-Loves picking out your outfits and coming downstairs to surprise Mom with his selection.
-Prints out every picture I send to him while he is working and tapes them to his desk.
-Still plays his guitar and sings to you because now he knows you are listening.
-Loves you more than he could have imagined, and isn't afraid to tell you so.
When you grow up, you have the kind of dad....
that would make any Mom proud to say her son grew up to be just like him...
Love you guys!!
-Me


3 comments:
I can't see through my tears of joy as I type this.... Greg, you are truly a wonderful son and daddy! Definitely a "forever" keeper... Love Mom/Mima
This is so sweet!!
Note to self...don't read ridiculously sweet anecdotes about your brother at work, unless you want co-workers asking, "what's wrong; why are you crying?"...it's my damn allergies acting up again, THAT'S WHAT!
Post a Comment