Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick-or-Treat

What an awesome first Halloween we had with Nathan!!! Started off the night with a nice long 7 hour stretch of sleep (of course I was wide awake wondering why he wasn't waking up)! I woke up early and let the boys sleep in so I could finally make it to the gym which felt great!! We then went to the local brewery to have lunch and watch Syracuse lose miserably...I'll just say I was wearing orange because it was Halloween! We got home, all crawled into bed together and had a little family nap for an hour before it was pumpkin carving time!! Here was our masterpiece!!
After the pumpkin was done, we headed over to our friend's house up the road from us to watch their kiddies trick-or-treat, and brought along little Froggie Nathan and Monkey Carson, who just got to watch the big kids! I have always loved where we live since it's all young couples and children, but last night really shocked us all. I have never seen people go so nuts over Halloween! There were block parties, haunted houses, swarms of children everywhere with parents dressed up more than their kids, people handed out beers and jello shots door to door (candy too of course)....it was total insanity, and we are already taking notes for next year!! Can't wait!! Here are some pictures from our fun-filled night!
We ended the night at Amy and Brad's place and shared some wine, candy and of course good conversation before Nathan changed into his Mr. Fussy Pants costume (aren't frogs supposed to change into princes??) and it was our cue to get going! Thanks for a great Halloween everyone!!! Next year will be so fun since we are awaiting the arrival of a few more little ones to the crew!! :)

No comments: