8 MONTH SURVEY
Weight - Still waiting until next month for his 9 month appointment for a true weight. We did the at home version today and it was saying between 20.5-21 lbs. He is wearing all his 6-12 month clothing and is in size 4 diapers.
Height - Again, not sure but he looks longer and leaner to me than his 7 month photos. Getting taller and taller.
Sleeping habit - He sleeps from 7:30pm-7:00am. Seems to wake up on the dot at 3:57am (I kid you not) every morning to nurse then goes back to bed until 7:00. This makes me realize it's just out of habit. I know I could try to drop this feeding but honestly it's easier for me to feed him for 5 minutes than to deal with him crying. For the past two weeks he has been fighting bedtime. I'm not sure if it's teething, or separation anxiety but whatever it is he isn't a happy camper and needs some rocking to drift off.
He is down to 2 naps a day. One at 9:00am and the second around 2:00pm. These last from 1 hour-2 hours and have been very consistant. Although he fights bedtime, his naps he still goes down awake and drifts off on his own.
Eating habits - Still nurses 4-5 times a day. Eats 3 meals of purees. He also enjoys snacks of puffs, yogurt melts and bitter biscuits. He is loving his finger foods these days.
Favorite activity - S T A N D I N G. He is constantly lunging forward and pulling himself up on everything. He gets such a kick out of it. He also loves when Daddy play the guitar and we have sing-alongs. He is such a ham and I can already tell how much of a music fan he is going to be. I can't wait until he starts dancing!!
Milestones - I feel like so much has gone on this past month. He has two teeth!!!! And number 3 and 4 are right there. He has had some forward motion crawling success, but still prefers to scoot or roll to get where he needs to be. He is pulling himself up on everything: the sofa, his music table, the ottomans, on us! He barely wants to sit anymore, he just leans forward and pushes himself up. He has also been self-feeding and actually gets all his food in his mouth now. The way he plays with his toys is totally different now too. He doesn't just chew on them. There is banging, tapping, button pushing, pulling....it's so much fun to watch. There is also a lot of talking going on. "Dadadadadadada"....I don't think he knows what it means yet, but it still so cute to hear.
Firsts- Aside from everything above. He had his first Easter, and sat on the Easter Bunny's lap. He took his first ride in his big boy carseat and likes it so much more. He went to his first baseball game at Angel Stadium. Some big firsts coming up the end of this month are his first plane ride cross country and his first weekend away from his Mommy and Daddy. Please keep your fingers crossed for us!!




4 comments:
So many exciting milestones!!! Can't wait to see all of you. Yes, fingers are crossed for a successful plane ride AND 1st overnight in VT w/ all grandparents to spoil Nathan rotten! lol xo
Anonymous is mima...btw. haha
What a little MUFFIN...I can't believe how CUTE he is!!! Can't wait to see you guys!
I love it! You guys are so cute at the game!
Post a Comment