Friday, April 16, 2010

::::Knock knock::::: Come on in!!

Don't even bother taking off your shoes...welcome to The Hauser's house!  Over the past few days a group of bloggers have been chatting on Twitter about giving tours of their homes.  I thought it was such a fun idea, but as usual, was going to sit back and let the lurking begin.  I changed my mind....I want to play! 

We won't be living here much longer, and I thought it would be nice to catalog some pictures of the house Nathan was brought home to....all 1100 square feet of it.  We bought our home in 2004.  We were young, excited, newly engaged and had no idea what we were getting ourselves into.  Fast forward to now....we are stuck in a sinking California housing market with an 8 month old in our bedroom because it's the only bedroom we have!

We do love this place though.... the natural lighting, the cool floor plan, the high ceilings, the fantastic neighborhood and of course all of our friends that live close by.  However, we have really never settled in knowing it was no where close to being our "forever home".  The walls are white (gasp!) and the furniture is still a mix match of things we gathered and combined during our dating years.  Considering what I do for a living I should be embarassed...but I'm not.  It's been our home, it's been a good home, and I will be sad when it's time to say goodbye. 



20 comments:

Katherine Klegin said...

oh wow, your house is absolutely stunning!! come decorate my place for me??

Heidi - D said...

Wow! It is so bold! Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it with us!

The Mommy said...

Wow, I love your home. It looks so modern yet cozy. When can you come over to so mine;)

Hope you get a chance to hop over to my home too:)

www.mommyspages.blogspot.com

Emily said...

Hey mama! This is my first visit to your blog- but I love your place & we are in the same boat over here! One bedroom (+plus loft) that we bought right before everything in California took a dive. We are also stuck!! I've got THREE kids- the oldest is almost 15 months. So, it can be done. We love our little place but can't wait till things turn around!! PS- You've got great style!

Emily
www.emmiebee.com

Brittney Bell | Bellwether Clean Co. said...

I love it! Like. Yeah. I really love it!! :)

Mommy Boots (formerly KarmaPearl) said...

I love it! You have wonderful style

The Ludwigs said...

Your living room is awesome - I love the bold red couch and the rug!

Suzanne said...

Wow, your sense of style is amazing. The white walls/light colors/black/red combos work so well.

Anonymous said...

I love your style! We are in a similar situation... we've outgrown our house! I really can't wait to move to a bigger house.
Anyway, thanks for the tour :)
~andrea

The818 said...

It's a beautiful home! I am freaking out over your couch.

Katie said...

Beautifully done!!

Melissa @ Veranda Interiors said...

Love the nursery, it is SO fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Your house is beautiful. I love every single room. Will you come help me with mine.

BabyWid said...

One word - Beautiful!! I love it!

Jenn said...

I'm new to your blog! Your house is beautiful! You did a great job creating a nursery in your bedroom. There is a good chance we will be living in a 1 bedroom when we have a baby, glad to know it can be done!

101jager.blogspot.com

Dana J. said...

Lauren... Your home is so cute, I love it!

Krystal said...

I love love love your house! p.s there is an award waiting on my blog for you.

NaVe said...

I LOVE your place!!! I'm a decorator (I assume you are a designer? GORGEOUS portfolio btw) so I understand 100% what you mean when you say "Considering what I do for a living I should be embarrassed...but I'm not." I feel exactly the same way. But I <3 my home too - and I <3 this home tour idea cuz I get to see (and gain inspiration from) such stunning homes!

Tasha Lehman said...

It doesn't look like a mix match of things at all! Really beautiful!

beingzaraandzidan said...

what an amazing home u've got. Its neat & cozy! Keep it up!
Do visit my home at www.beingzaraandzidan.blogspot.com