Marissa was changing his diaper today, while I was washing his face. He looks over at me, smiles, and says those 2 beautiful syllables clear as day....Da Da. We both stopped dead in our tracks and looked at each other and yelled....."HE SAID DA DA!!!". I nearly melted!!
Nathan does "talk" all day long, but it's just such babble and jibber jabber and we pretend we hear things. This was so different. This was the word we have been working on teaching him and he didn't say anything else. Just plain...old...simple...."da da". I think he knew he did something new, because he had this look on his face like he was so proud of himself. It was priceless.
Now if only we can get it perfected by the time his dada gets home tonight! In the meantime here is a picture of what our new explorer was up to today. There goes all Mommy's magazines!



2 comments:
Awww! When Sophia says it & Cody is home he tells her over and over "I'm right here!" and she just laughs. I'll be glad when she get a "Mama" out of her lips!!
YAY NATHAN!
Post a Comment